Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

August 19, 2012

Travel Tokens

My cousin Paolo is a marine biologist whom I rarely see since these recent years because he’s always on travel for some marine research stint in Asia. I really miss him because he’s also my only best friend since college. But every time he comes home from his travels, he always has something for me…it’s almost like he’s making up for the many lost time we’ve had. 

His most recent research was in Malaysia. Before coming back to the States, he did a little tour around Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Japan. From every country, he picked a token for me! My favorite of all is this quaint, exotic piece of shell dream catcher he bought in the Philippines and this gorgeous black South Sea and a fine, elegant cream-colored japanese akoya pearl rings that he got in Japan straight from the pearl farm! It’s funny because when my friends at work saw my rings, they asked me if Paolo has a girlfriend because if none, they’d like to have him as one! I sure am looking forward to Paolo’s travels as much as he does. I’m in it for the hoard of gifts! The last time we talked, he was in Australia.

0 comments:

 

Fab Finds, Etc. Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template